A swimming pool can be a great investment for any home, giving you increased value as well as a place to relax and spend time together. However, today’s pools can go well beyond those of the past thanks to a wide range of features that let you customize your pool and have it stand out in a big way.
The Features That Matter
With that in mind, let’s take a quick look at 5 of the key features that can change the look, feel, and experience of your pool in some significant ways.
- Shape – Shape can be much more than just rectangles and circles today. You can let your pool be designed with a custom shape that gives it a little more personality and showcases your own sense of style in the process.
- Lighting – Today’s pools have a wide range of custom lighting options that can create ambiance and mood in a big way. From different colored lighting underneath the water to lights around the pool area to keep things subtly lit, you have a wide range of choices here.
- Finishing – Your pool’s finish impacts the way its surface feels under your feet, the look that it has, and the overall style that it showcases. Different finishes accomplish different things, and it’s worth finding the one that matches your tastes.
- Decks – A pool deck may not be the first thing you think of when you consider extra features, but it will have a huge influence on how you and your family enjoy the pool. Decks give you a place for backyard cookouts, to recline in the sun, and to easily access the pool. Don’t overlook them.
- Water Maintenance – Chlorine has always been the gold standard of pool care and maintenance, but today’s pools can operate with saltwater systems and other methods of cleanliness control that are gentler than traditional chlorine.
All in all, your pool can have a personality of its own if you know what to focus on. The five points above can be the foundation of your success at creating the modern swimming pool of your dreams.