When you think of pool houses, you may think of the mega-mansions of the rich and famous. What many don’t know, however, is that pool houses are both affordable and accessible while offering a wide range of benefits. Here are five reasons you should consider a swimming pool house for your backyard space are:
- Extra storage space – Have you considered how you’re going to keep your pool toys and pool furniture safe during the off-season months? Leaving them out in the open is likely to ruin them, and cramming everything in a shed leaves it disorganized for next year. A swimming pool house is a perfect space for keeping your pool accessories safe while they’re not in use.
- Changing space – If you’re tired of the kids and their friends tracking pool water through the house in their wet bathing suits and drippy towels, a pool house is a solution you’re looking for. It gives your children, guests, and yourself a place to change before and after time spent in the pool so that the pool water doesn’t make its way into your home.
- Additional entertainment space – If you’re throwing a backyard BBQ, the summer sun may be too strong for some during the middle portion of the day. Pool houses serve as additional entertainment space that guests can use to stay in the party while keeping out of the sun.
- Use as a guest house during the summer months – During the summer months when the swimming pool house isn’t being used to store pool accessories, it can serve as a guest house. This can present an attractive option for friends or family members who are staying with you for short periods.
- Outdoor office space when you need it – If you’re working from home and the main house simply has too much commotion, a pool house can give you a place to escape for some peace and quiet. Working there will allow you to concentrate better away from the hustle and bustle of home.