Your backyard should be an area that you love to enjoy. Recently, homeowners have taken strides to improve their backyard oasis, making their backyards feel like an extension of their home. If you’re looking to increase the appeal of your backyard, consider implementing some of the following popular backyard improvements.
- Add Seating Areas – One of the best and easiest ways to invite people to your backyard is to have a cozy seating area that gives you and your guests the ideal place to relax. You can install permanent seating or temporary seating, such as Adirondack chairs or swings.
- Use Fire – Nothing beats sitting outside during a summer or fall evening around the fire. You can install a firepit in your backyard in the middle of your new seating area, providing warmth and comfort for your guests. If you’re looking to go even further, you can install an actual fireplace in your backyard. This can be built with stone and can blend in seamlessly with your natural backyard setting or pool deck.
- Get Cooking – While many people have a grill outside, they constantly run in and out of their home to the kitchen. One of the rapidly growing trends is to install actual kitchens outdoors! Doing so maximizes your ability to host and entertain your guests. You can add refrigerators, grills, sinks, ovens, and prep areas that will allow you to make your entire barbeque outdoors.
- And Don’t Forget a Bathroom – Speaking of running in and out of your home, many homeowners have also been installing bathrooms outdoors. This increases the convenience for you and your guests. It also reduces the amount of foot traffic in your home. And, of course, if your house had a pool bath, you will not need an outdoors bathroom!
- Add Light – Lighting can increase the warmth of your backyard, making it more inviting. You can add subtle lights throughout your backyard that can light up walkways and accent certain trees and plants. Known as “Malibu lighting,” these lights can run on solar power, thereby minimizing your maintenance and cost.
Of course, there are many more options when it comes to backyard improvements. We will be happy to discuss these with you!