Hot tubs offer more than just relaxation, they also offer the health benefits of hydrotherapy. If you are dealing with a chronic illness or just want to maintain your health, you should consider getting a hot tub for your backyard space. Here are five benefits of hot tub hydrotherapy.
- Soothe Sore Muscles and Joints: Hot tubs are wonderful for people suffer from chronic pain from arthritis or fibromyalgia. The heat from the water relaxes the body while the jets massage muscles and joints and loosen tension. Also, the buoyancy adds support to your body taking the pressure of your muscles and joints to support yourself.
- Improves Circulation: Improving circulation can help combat heart disease and reduce the pain from inflammation and swelling. The warm water and massaging jets support blood flow to all areas of the body.
- Fight Illness: Hot tubs can help you fight illnesses like infection and the common cold. The warm water elevates your body temperature which boosts your immune system. The steam from the hot water helps clear your sinuses and promotes decongestion. Also, the jets help soothe body aches and relax you so you can get a better night’s sleep.
- Regulates Blood Sugar: If you have blood sugar issues like diabetes or hypoglycemia, a hot tub can help. Hydrotherapy has been shown to reduce blood sugar levels and increase circulation. It also offers a chance to do physical therapy exercises for people who lack the physical ability because of their illness.
- Combat Stress: Stress is an often overlooked cause of illness. Stress weakens your immune system, puts pressure on your organs, and causes issues like insomnia and depression that have a variety of negative health effects. Hot tubs are very relaxing and can help you battle stress, making you happier and healthier.
These are just some of the benefits of hydrotherapy. To learn more ways hot tubs can support your health, talk to our experts at Olympus Pools. We can help you construct a hot tub that will meet your specific health needs so that you can live a stronger happier life. So contact us today!